You Can Join!
Michigan One Community Credit Union is one of very few credit unions to have State-wide Field of Membership. What does that mean? All persons who live, work, worship, or attend school anywhere in the state of Michigan can join Michigan One Community Credit Union!
What are you waiting for?
Michigan's credit unions are member-owned and not-for-profit. We don't answer to shareholders, which means fewer fees, higher savings rates, and lower loan rates when compared to big corporate banks — all with the community investment you won't get from a big-bank.
Credit union benefits compared to banks
Michigan credit unions provided more than $482 million in direct financial benefits to their members in the twelve months ending September 2019*. This includes:
- Membership savings with lower rates and fees equaling $89 per member or $187 per household*
- Unlimited access to nearly 1,700 fee-free ATMs across the state and 30,000 across the country
- Credit cards that average nearly 5% less than banks*
- Personal loans that average almost 1% less than banks*
- Auto loans that average nearly 1% less than banks*
- Members save an average of $210 on mortgage closing costs* with a credit union
Find out for yourself why more than 500 people each day in Michigan are making the move to a credit union.
*Data and statistics provided by CUNA, Michigan Membership Benefits Report third quarter 2019.
*Source: CUNA Michigan Membership Benefits Report third quarter 2019. CU Link – Michigan’s Credit Unions, 1 Feb. 2020, www.culinkmichigan.com.
Experience The M1 Difference
At Michigan One Community Credit Union, we are committed to offering real financial solutions to our members and deeply serving our communities with time, talent and financial resources. We’re here to stay and would love for you to join us.
Every membership at M1 comes with these amazing perks:
- Totally FREE checking accounts
- Great, low loan rates
- M1.Mobile with mobile bill.pay
- Overdraft Privilege for qualifying accounts up to $828
- UChoose Rewards for gift cards, merchandise, and more
- The confidence of banking with the area’s most community-focused financial institution